Posted by Raz on Aug 29th, 2014
- Body is all grey, lighter underneath with darker grey wings
- Bright red tail
- Pigeon-sized, but more torpedo- or potato-shaped
- Perches in the open on wires or buildings more often than Amazons. Also likes tall eucalyptus trees and large scrubby bushes.
- Sounds: loud whistling, beeps, pops, electronic noises. Longer, clearer tones than Amazons or Conures.
- May do a loud, raspy “war whoop” when flying, or whistles, beeps, etc.
- Often found in same area as foraging Red-crowned Amazons.
- Flight is faster, smoother & less “flappy” than Amazons
- daily notes
- Comments Off